Sunday 27 October 2019

Best Director • Semi-finalist @ Alternative Film Festival


Architecture Life Dialogue (www.architecture-life-dialogue.org) - Best Director • Semi-finalist @ Alternative Film Festival • Fall 2019 • Toronto, Canada.

Architecture has always attracted me. I think, metaphorically,
we are all architects of our lives. Sustainable architecture is an amazing topic. Its principles can inspire us to “build” sustainable lives. And since it’s a very serious topic, I tried to explain it in a simple, adventurous and sometimes (hopefully) funny way.

Recently I was talking to a real architect. He is working on his project right now. He told me that it’s great to see how a building which you have imagined turns step by step into reality. That’s exactly how I'm feeling about film making. This transformation from imagination into reality is truly magical.

I was always interested in life and human nature and started practicing performing arts after reading books of K. Stanislavski. I was amazed that the art of acting is not about pretending, but actually about living. I felt that acting was an answer to my questions about philosophy about the human nature. After several years of working in front of the camera I got very curious about the magic behind the camera. I started studying film making, made some short videos and an idea of a film about Architecture and Life came.

I wouldn't be able to make it without my amazing team: talented actors and wonderful friends - Makivic Marko, Robin Schroeter, Anastasia Maslova, Olga Andrievskaya, Teresa O'Shannasy, Sergey Petrushev; filmmakers/editors: Awie Cardenas, Clare del Rosario, and my awesome Aleksandra! Thank you, guys!!!

Architecture Life Dialogue

Directed by: Inessa Kraft
Starring: Marko Makivic Aleksandra Kraft Inessa Kraft
Release date:
Language: English